What is multiple intelligence theory?

www.mslaw.edu What is the MI theory? Howard Gardner, author of Five Minds for the Future, discussed his multiple intelligence theory on the television show Books of Our Time with host Lawrence R. Velvel (visit Velvel’s blog at www.velvelonnationalaffairs.com), Dean of the Massachusetts School of Law. Gardner discusses his belief that one’s intelligence cannot be categorized as simply smart, average, or dumb. He suggests that such terms are far too generic as each individual is the combination of what he calls multiple intelligences (MI). He suggests that each skill that one is good or bad at, whether chess or academic pursuits, is a separate intelligence and should be observed as such. Gardner’s theory revolutionizes the human perception of intelligence. Watch the whole interview at

This is the first in a 3 part series on the origin of intelligence. Future videos will discuss the origin of the brain, and the origin of cognition. In them we will see that human intelligence is not of supernatural origin. It is merely the product of evolution by natural selection. To download this video copyright free please go to: www.mediafire.com To learn more about lactose metabolism in E.coli visit: en.wikipedia.org To learn more about nylon digesting bacteria visit: en.wikipedia.org If you wish to translate the subtitles you can download them from: www.mediafire.com Then send me a link to them and I’ll add them to the video. And remember to always Think about it.

Filed Under: Intelligence

Tags: , ,

About the Author

Comments (50)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. CourtJackal001 says:

@bigjuggaloi17 you are the poison that plagues society. You know nothing and therefor are nothing and will never be anything. You will sit in your meaningless existence and rot like a cancer upon those of us who are trying to make something of ourselves. Its people like you that make people like me say “fuck welfare” let them work or die. Oh and also ICP is the worst futile attempt at music; the shriveled aborted fetus of the worst of the genres. You make me sick

2. sagbag says:

@bigjuggaloi17 I can’t tell if I should say ‘LOL’ or ‘WTF’.

3. bigjuggaloi17 says:

yo fuk all dis skool shit and bein smart shit is all garbage fuk books and reading i luv mah welfare checks im a juggalo 4 lyfe muther fuckers fuck all of u look us up JUGGALOS and INSANE CLOWN POSSE yea yea niggas whoop whoop to mah juggalo fam fuk da haters dark carnival will be yo master

4. DeeClazzic says:

I agree with Mr Gardner theory of multiple intelligences. He has opened up a lot of minds, and has also helped mankind to stop lumping everyone in the same batch, so to spead

5. Zee96969696 says:

i beleive there is some kinda general smartness, and wiseness

6. ishhoney says:

I’m a teacher trainee..It is somewhat difiicult to understand what he realy means..but anymway these details really help me to do my psychology studies..thanks

7. awdemers says:

Howard Gardner is a genius.

8. vidreoo says:

? If I was tested at the age of 13 , 1992 would that IQ test be acuret?

9. theavatarstudy says:

Multiple Intelligence has 2 angles to be seen.

1.- the “group” intelligence, that whic is shared by the whole humanity. Something which has been conqered, developed and is available.

2.- the multiple intelligence into “One” single consciousness, into one person such as the so called avatars (Christ, Buddha etc). Someone who has conquered all life (society) conditions (maybe just his/her personal society group i.e community). Therefore such person has them all “inside” his consciousness

10. ApexBozo says:

@Sharm127 that’s the socratic paradox the began all paradoxes, dude

11. ApexBozo says:

intelligence is amorphous and impossible to quantify abstractly. If it was something linear and we only possessed varying degrees of it, we’d possess only varying depths of the same objective perceptions on everything. Everyone I’ve ever met perceived life and all herein in different ways and it’s obvious that the space in every individual’s experiential inventory is limitless.

12. DoomExtreme1 says:

@kiki201022 Yes, one must consider distance from the missile explosion and cover between you and the missile. There are other factors, but I know that these two are the main factors.

13. ChuckBart100 says:

@adths63 I’m sure you’re done with your project now, so I’d be very interested to know whether your teacher required you to discuss the lack of worthwhile evidence for MI, or whether you were allowed to discuss just the “what people wish was true” writing about MI. Let me know, I’d be very interested.

14. masluxx says:

My digital, concrete, linear, non-organic mind cant accept that i can not put everyone into bar-coded boxes no matter how many boxes and labels i make. Oh newton and his blasted curves and an object with multiple curves sheesh. I guess calculus is not for everyone. Neither is, from reading some of the previous posts, the concrete concept of multiple definitions for the word missile easy to fathom. Yes, yes, for some i know, what does 6 feet have to do with anything ah?

15. nappaa says:

@florencelovme Or accidentally drop a missile on your head while lifting it under a plane wing or onto a launch pad (maybe the missile crane or lift thingie was out of order or being used by someone else) 😛

16. florencelovme says:

@originaltbyrd John Lenonn said “smart is only someone who is aware of how smart they are”

17. florencelovme says:

@kiki201022 yes, you could be injured by fragments of a missile.

18. iHomestarrunner69 says:

I have obsessive dreams… It must be because I am intelligent in that … area.

19. kooodeal says:

@kiki201022 he means a missile ,such as a bullet or a nail gun accident..

20. EvilPieMaKer says:

@asdjabkd Yeah, I know what you mean. I believe myself to be a clever person but my ability to write essays/do well in tests is not as good as other people. The education system should really take this into account and compose questions based on different schools of thought.

21. RDpapichulo says:

@kiki201022 yes you can have missles explode next to you and get brain damage, its very common in the u.s. military

22. 2009abuabdullah says:

Peace be upon him who follows true guidance and believes in Allâh and His Messenger. I bear witness that there is no god but Allâh Alone with no associate, He has taken neither a wife nor a son, and that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger. I call you unto the fold of Islam; if you embrace Islam, you will find safety (and peace).

23. originaltbyrd says:

@asdjabkd you know what? every person i ever met who told me how smart they are was 1. actually very smart. 2. a complete and total asshole.

24. HeavyweightThinker says:

Yes thats right

25. asdjabkd says:

wow im lucky i have double crowns i have very extremely high level of intellegence. sorry for grammar im not from the u.s. one thing i hate dough is when theres a lot of people in college who say they are smart when all they do is learn and know shit. ok that is book smart. no one cares about book smart because if CIA is booksmart and runner is high iq and street smart, then cia will never outsmart him/her. i dont know anyone with my level of intelligence and i feel other ppl are fken retards

26. CrazySatanicInfidel says:

@gamiezion Yeah, but I think Lincoln gave a speech after the war. I’m wondering which speech it was that Lincoln said that–I want to quote him properly and look like I know what I’m talking about.

27. gamiezion says:

@CrazySatanicInfidel when abraham defeated the south, it became part of the nation he ruled. and as such the southerners became northeners (technically speaking off course)

28. transtlantic says:

@kris090765
    as long as such an emotional reaction reduces your psychotic stress levels, i have no problem with it.

doesn’t make your god more real than a fairy, tough.

29. kris090765 says:

@transtlantic you are the origin of SHIT!!!

30. 28animefan says:

o.e mah bwain hurts

31. transtlantic says:

@kris090765

you are just pissed because i debunked your psychotic rants very quickly.

go pray to your made up fantasy.

32. kris090765 says:

@transtlantic you worthless piece of shit!!

33. transtlantic says:

@kris090765
    nigga? lol…. you are obviously demented.

34. kris090765 says:

@transtlantic you are a worthless NIGGA! transtlantic

35. MrTobybuddy says:

@CrazySatanicInfidel bien dicho

36. CrazySatanicInfidel says:

@transtlantic Abraham Lincoln at the conclusion of the civil war said something along the lines of giving aid to your enemies because they are not your enemies anymore, they are your countrymen.

Anybody know what quote I’m talking about? I’m terrible at history.

37. CrazySatanicInfidel says:

@transtlantic The religious are surrounded by people of similar faith. This is their community, and ultimately the one place they feel secure in their opinions. If we ask them to step outside, we ask them to leave their security behind. If we yell and scream and call them stupid, they may not want to go.

38. CrazySatanicInfidel says:

@transtlantic Please remember that these individuals are not stupid but deluded and resistant to change. It may be alright to pity them for their ignorance, but our eventual goal (I hope you are with me on this) is to foster logic and skepticism within their lives.

39. LambLion777 says:

” My religiosity consists in a humble admiration of the infinitely superior spirit, that reveals itself in the little that we, with our weak and transitory understanding, can comprehend of reality. Morality is of the highest importance but for us, not for God.” Albert Einstein

40. transtlantic says:

@LambLion777
    AHAHAHAH now you even went even more back and used a 17th century scientist? lol

Hilarious!!! Einstein – atheist
    Hawkings- atheist
    Francis crick-atheist

All these three men are shapers of the modern biology, physics and chemistry
    and all of them: Atheists.

Crick joined a group of other Nobel laureates who advised that, “‘Creation-science’ simply has no place in the public-school science classroom.”

you lose. ALL great minds of the present reject your primitive thinking.

41. LambLion777 says:

Robert Boyle 1627-1691 Founder Modern Chemistry. He financed translations of the Bible, into Irish,Turkish,& Arabic
    Author,”The Christian Virtuoso” study of nature for Christians. In his WILL, financed”Boyle Lectures”in defense of Christianity.”From a knowledge of His work, we shall know Him.Christ’s passion,His death,His resurrection and ascension,and all of those wonderful works which He did during His stay upon earth, in order to confirm mankind in the belief of His being God as well as man.”

42. transtlantic says:

@LambLion777

I’ve never met anyone who works in science, especially in the medical field, who claims there was a creator or acts of creation- Transtlantic

now…bugger off, loser.

43. transtlantic says:

@LambLion777
    I pity your stupidity… eventually ALL of your cretarded copy pastes will be marked as spam… wel… i guess that’s what happens with morons like you.

S.Morse wasn’t the first to invent the telegraph, you ignoramus.

Similarity of molecules? lol…the basic unit of life is the Cell, not molecules, James C. Maxwell ignored this because he was no biologist.

Lord Kelvin was also not a biologist, plus he had no idea of modern biology.

try again, fucktard.

44. LambLion777 says:

“Education without religion is in danger of substituting wild theories for the simple commonsense rules of Christianity.”S. Morse, inventor the telegraph
    “No theory of evolution can be formed to account for the similarity of molecules, for evolution necessarily implies continuous change.” James C. Maxwell, Statistical Thermodynamics
    “With regard to the origin of life, science…positively affirms creative power.”
    Lord Kelvin William Thomson, Laws of Thermodynamics, Absolute temperature scale

45. transtlantic says:

@LambLion777
    the fact is…you can’t name one single working scientist who is changing the world with his work at the moment and is a believer in the zombie jesus or his father Gosh.

now….fuck off, delusional loser.

46. transtlantic says:

@LambLion777
    ” Hosts sang in the heavens announcing Osiris birth.
    Osiris was killed and ressurected through divine providence.
    Osiris was of divine birth and walked the earth.
    Isis had a reed boat, as did Moses.”

Amazing the quantity of crap that christianity copied from older stories….

Just out of curiosity…why are you copy pasting prayers from a 18th century figure?
    want me to copy past Osiris prayers?

47. LambLion777 says:

@trans:A Portion of George Washington’s personal prayers:

“O Most Glorious God, in Jesus Christ, my merciful and loving Father; I acknowledge and confess my guilt in the weak and imperfect performance of the duties of this day. I have called on Thee for pardon and forgiveness of my sins, but so coldly and carelessly that my prayers are become my sin, and they stand in need of pardon.”

48. transtlantic says:

@LambLion777
    “Christian masons”? lol…there were freemasons who were christian. there is no such thing as “christian masons”. They didn’t give a fuck about christ, they always mention “God”, or “The lord” or “The creator”, rarely jesus in their official writings. you clearly are ignorant.

I want you to present a methodology for me to verify all of your claims regarding god and souls. I have none until now. Which means: nothing of that crap exists.

Now….fuck off, idiot.

49. transtlantic says:

@LambLion777
    “heart issue”? in case you didn’t notice…. our heart is a “pump machine”, it can’t produce emotion or “feelings”, The brain is the organ that defines “self” and relates to all thought and interpretation of perception. “yourself and God”? lol…nowhere to be seen. If i can’t “see”, there is no God, idiot.

“inner knowing”? bullshit, that proves zero, that builds zero, that increases zero.

“soul”? lol…there is no such thing. evidence? if it exists where is it for me to “see”?

50. LambLion777 says:

@trans: I’m more intelligent, then you take me to be. To get you all rallied up, like that. “Invisible Faith”, is a heart issue, between yourself and God. You can’t see it. Therefore as a believer is an inner knowing of your soul, that something exists, without seeing it. The Christian Masons at the time of the American Revolution, were much different then they are today. They had a hard core center around Christ and that is that.